ST. PAUL’S ACADEMY is a private, catholic, coeducational school which was founded in Kusatsu City, Shiga Prefecture in 1988 with St. Paul as our patron saint.
Currently we consist of three departments, Kousen Catholic High School, Kousen Catholic Junior High School and Kousen Catholic Kindergarten.
Our shared educational principles are:
- Nurture the human spirit to be the “salt of the earth” and the “light of the world” (The New Testament, The Book of Matthew 5: 13-14)
- Cultivate in all students’ a mind that cherishes “ love, justice and freedom with responsibility”
Our educational goals are:
- Nurture students’ characters through catholic doctrine;
- Cultivate students’ academic, artistic and athletic and thereby promise the successful future of our students; and
- Nurture creative students who can adapt to globalization.
Regardless of the students’ age or his/her academic stage, these ideas are the underlying features of ST. PAUL’S ACADEMY.